Buffalo man goes to ECMC Wednesday morning after saying he was shot overnight

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Police in Buffalo are investigating after a man walked into ECMC, saying he had been shot.

The victim claimed it happened sometime last night in the area of Detroit and Peckham streets, but he did not arrive at the hospital until around 10 a.m.

A 36-year-old Buffalo man walked into Erie County Medical Center Wednesday morning with a gunshot wound to his arm he suffered sometime the night before, according to police.

The victim, who arrived at the hospital shortly before 10 a.m., told police a vehicle pulled up in the vicinity of Detroit and Peckham streets and a person inside the vehicle shot him.

Police did not release the mans name. He was treated for injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.

It was not immediately clear why the man waited to go to the hospital. Officers responded Wednesday morning to the area where the man says he was shot.


Posted in Buffalo