Authorities searching for missing Jersey City man

JERSEY CITY — A man was seriously injured when he was hit by a bus while crossing a street in Downtown Jersey City Saturday night, authorities said. 

The incident happened around 8:30 p.m. on Christopher Columbus Drive between Grove Street and Jersey Avenue, city spokeswoman Kimberly Wallace-Scalcione said. 

Police are seeking the publics help in locating Andrew Cho, who was officially reported missing on Saturday. His brother told detectives he was last seen leaving their Clendenny Avenue home for a night out on Feb. 25 at 7 p.m., Jersey City spokeswoman Kimberly Wallace-Scalcione said. 

He was brought Jersey City Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. An update on his condition was not immediately available. 

Anyone with information on Chos whereabouts are asked to contact the Jersey City Police Department at 201-547-5477 or the Missing Persons Unit at 201-547-5427.

The driver of the shuttle bus stayed at the scene, called police, and is cooperating with the investigation, the spokeswoman added. 

A 31-year-old Jersey City has been missing for more than a week after he was last seen leaving his home for a night out, authorities said. 

Caitlin Mota may be reached at Follow her on Twitter @caitlin_mota. Find The Jersey Journal on Facebook.

Police responded to the Stevens Avenue home near Kennedy Boulevard at 12:45 a.m. and found the two women had both been injured in the spat. The victim told the authorities that when Davis attacked her with the weapon she defended herself by striking her roommate with an iron, Wallace-Scalcione said. 

A Jersey City man told police he was attacked from behind and robbed Sunday night while he was walking to the supermarket, police said.

The 63-year-old man said he was walking from his home just after 8 p.m. when he was punched in the back of the head several times on Virgina Avenue near Ocean Avenue, Jersey City police spokeswoman Kimberly Wallace-Scalcione said.

Both women were transported to the Jersey City Medical Center. Davis was then cleared for incarceration and charged. 

The victim said the assailant stole his cell phone, an older model Samsung Galaxy, Wallace-Scalcione said.

The man was taken to RWJBarnabas Healths Jersey City Medical Center and was treated for minor injuries, police said. 

Posted in Jersey City